Monday, June 30, 2008

Touching First Century Rocks



I know it looks like my time here consists of touching slabs of rock, but these are very, very special slabs. The second one is reputedly the area that Jesus sweated drops of blood on and the third is supposed to be where they wrapped his body for burial. Who knows, could be true! If it is, it is truly amazing.
The top picture is in a building over the site where Jesus was thought to have taught the Lord's Prayer. Inside there are hundreds of translations of the prayer into all sorts of languages in which it has been prayed including languages like Breton, Cree and Haida. Seeing all those languages and realising how far the body of Christ has spread was one of my favourite experiences so far. Ami and I are standing in front of the Korean one. I never could find the English!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome to see - must be even more so to actually be there! I'm so glad you're having a meaningful time!

Robyn said...

This looks amazing... wish I was there with you!